We are looking for the right person to join our team as an intern working to coordinate our India Giving Trip Experiences. This is a part-time unpaid summer internship located on the North Shore, Oahu, Hawaii. This internship can lead to a paid position in our company.
As the Rice Love Giving Tour Intern, you will be responsible for providing support, and at times taking the lead, for many details and projects regarding the Giving Tours - from customer support, to marketing and promotion.
As part of this internship, you will have the opportunity to travel to India to experience the Giving Tour firsthand in order to help us fine-tune and streamline the experience. Your round-trip ticket to India and accommodations during the 3-5 day giving trip will be covered by Rice Love.
- Create and maintain a spreadsheet of customer data for those interested in giving trips
- Provide customer support via email
- Organize and coordinate some travel details for customers attending giving trips
- Create and manage Facebook groups for those interested in giving trips
- Help the team in India to fine-tune the Giving Trip Experience
- Help to promote and market the giving trips to our target audience
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
- College Junior or Senior studying Hospitality & Tourism, or other related field such as Business or Marketing
- Able to work full-time during the summer
- Able to travel outside of the country for a minimum of 3-5 days during your internship
- Able to work independently or under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets
- Knowledge of Social Media
- Excellent command of the English language
- Previous work experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous data entry experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion about Rice Love and our mission
- Interest in a long-term career with Rice Love
About Rice Love
Rice Love was born out of our passion to do good for people and the planet. We design tote bags and backpacks utilizing eco-friendly, cruelty-free materials. For every item we make, we give a kilo of rice to a family in need. We are committed to showing you the proof. Every item comes with a unique tag number that can be used to find the photo and story of the family that YOU have fed. When you buy our bags, you are raising your hand in support in the fight to end of global hunger and improving the planet.We have given over 40,000 kilos of rice. There are an equal number of wanderers wearing our bags and sharing our story around the world. Our goal is to give 1 million kilos of rice by the end of 2022. We invite you to join the movement. Watch our story.